Who are PLUS Researchers?
We are a group of researchers who work at nine universities across the United States. We understand that bladder health is an important topic that can affect women and girls in a lot of ways - and we don't fully understand many of them.
- Learn more about the PLUS Consortium
- View Contact Information and Bios for our Principal Investigators
Working together, we are looking to answer these questions about bladder health. We are studying bladder health from different angles – from how it affects individuals and families, to how women manage it in schools and work places.
Our team includes researchers from over 50 fields. By sharing methods and expertise among researchers from medicine, nursing, epidemiology, biostatistics, social work, clinical practice, community health, sociology, and other areas, the PLUS Research Consortium hopes to greatly improve prevention and intervention strategies for bladder health.
- Learn what a healthy bladder is
- Figure out how to prevent bladder problems before they happen
- Find the best ways to have strong bladder health
- Share what we learn with all women
What Makes Us Different?
PLUS is about moving beyond the laboratory and establishing a partnership with women across the United States – learning from them and sharing the latest information on managing their own bladder heath.
How are we going to achieve this?
- We work in partnership with women. In every phase of research, we invite and encourage women from all over America - regardless of race or ethnicity, age, type of job, income, education, or home town – to be part of our research.
- We don't want to solve a problem after it's been found – we want to discover the problems women face and help them prevent them.
- We share our results widely with women and girls through medical providers, social media, traditional media, and other avenues that will empower women to own their health.